Saturday, December 19, 2015

Sonja

This is a good friend who recently came into my life and I'm not sure how I got along without her. Thank you Gary and Ernie for the introduction. Sonja is brilliant ( she teaches feminism at a University, she teaches other classes as well) and has a very witty sense of humor and  is also very sweet and nice. I did her portrait in the same style as my forgotten wives. I have her cute cropped hair, her glasses and her outfit, the rest of her features  I pay no attention to, if I try and get them accurate I spend hours and hours fussing, and I waste paper and time and I want to kill myself. 
I had a very interesting conversation with a gallery owner who told me my distortions were charming and to distort my portraits even more. I am taking his advice seriously! 

No comments:

Post a Comment