Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Rodeo Queen & Late night flowers

Harold had to make a trip up to the Boise Temple yesterday and  wasn't going to be home until late, so I decided to do a quick floral painting.  I didn't have a specific plan, and didn't sketch it.  I was happy with this little quickie.  I like the looseness ( is that a word?) and the colors. 

This was painted from an old newspaper photo from 1950.  My mother was a rodeo queen attendant.  She is the one on the left in the red and white shirt.  This painting was really way over my head and it caused me grief. I  spoke to several artist friends about their art and asked them if they ever re-paint a painting they are not happy  with.  They all said yes, and sometimes do it over several times. My personality will not allow that to happen, I don't have the patience to redo the same subject. So this is it.  Lots of flaws, but still a fun wacky painting I think my mom will get a kick out of. 


No comments:

Post a Comment